Sunday, May 20, 2012

Stitches are out, Man

After my last surgery, I remember the stitches being removed was the easiest part.  I went to the doc on Friday expecting a walk in the park.  I took a pain pill to make sure I was comfortable just in case, but I was optimistic.  Folks, it HURT.  I was not expecting it.  Kevin used all these gross words to describe what happened like "gushed" and "fluid."  Alas, it is all done.  I've been hurting on and off this weekend.  I had a couple of Thirty-One parties.  (Note to self: Give more than a week for recovery if ever having surgery again)  All the talking and smiling was too much.  :)

This week we'll be getting back to school-ish things.  I'm going to inventory what we have for going into next year in an attempt to cut back on the home school budget.  There are also some home projects I would like to tackle this week, but I know better than to mention those lest they be forgotten.  Next Monday it's off to Canada where I will be my nephew's Godmother and my other nephew's Confirmation sponsor.  Until then, there is lots to be done.  

Here are some pics that Kevin took from getting my stitches removed.  They might be graphic.  Sorry!

Not too bad, eh?  Sorry.  Might as well start practicing my Canadian.  Have a great week!
 

1 comment:

  1. I thought those silly "North Montana" folks weren't saying "EH" anymore. Isn't it now "Yeah"? At least that's what I heard.

    The stitches out thing was really rough on Nora. It hurt A LOT! Dr. Jackson keeps saying that Nora is a tough girl. I wonder if he says that because he knows it's going to hurt so he tries to make he tougher by saying it?

    ReplyDelete

The Last Melon

  Guess what?!  The last and youngest has turned 18!  It's hard to believe.  Almost as hard as it is that she'll be leaving for coll...