Thursday, June 14, 2012

Philippines so far....

Do you guys feel special?  I'm blogging from the PHILIPPINES!  I thought I would check in and let you know how our trip here went.  It started off rocky.  My parents got put into on security line while the people told us to go to a completely different one where there was no line.  We ended up at the gate before my parents because they were actually waiting for us.  This did not go over well with my father.  *shocker*  We got on the plane and were delayed on the runway for about 45 minutes due to a mechanical problem.  They fixed it, and we were off.  For the next 14 hours, we flew from Dulles to Tokyo.  We went up to Canada, over Alaska, and into Asia.  I don't know why we didn't go in a straight line, but that's why I'm not a pilot.  :)

The place was AWESOME as far as entertainment went.  They have screens on the back of all the chairs, so we got our pick of movies, TV shows, audio books, the works.  I watched The Vow and Before Sunrise.  One I had seen, the other I hadn't.  I read my Kindle a lot too.  I told Kaelyn we had to stay up the whole flight because we were getting into the Philippines at 9p their time.  Then we could go to bed and be on their time which is 12 hours ahead of us...in case you're wondering.  They served a meal of beef, chicken, or vegetable stir-fry.  I don't know what I was thinking, but I got the vegetable stir fry.  I should've gotten the chicken.  :( 

We got into Tokyo and were delayed again.  This time for about 20 minutes.  I did NOT care for the flight from Tokyo.  The soda tasted weird.  Their meal option was Korean or Japanese.  One was noodles, the other was some sort of seafood something that had eyes looking back at you.  BLAH!

We got to the hotel, and my parents ordered food because we hadn't eaten.  I didn't really like anything, so I had a roll.  They had a butter dish with some packaged and some out on the plate.  I remember thinking, while I was spreading the butter, that it was really soft, but I thought it was because our room was so hot.  The AC isn't working too well in it.  Anyway, it took me two bites to figure out I didn't like the butter.  Do you know why?  It wasn't butter!  It was MAYONNAISE!  Ugh!  Can you imagine?!?!  Anyone who knows me and my dislike of all condiments not Soy Sauce knows that this was a truly terrible experience for me.  I downed the rest of my soda and went and brushed my teeth.  I'm mentally wounded from this, and I honestly don't think I'll ever get over it.  That's how much I HATE mayonnaise.  

Well, it's 830a here (meaning 830p you time).  We're about to get breakfast.  It's sunny and hot outside.  I don't know if we're getting out of the hotel today.  My dad has relatives coming for lunch and dinner.  Take care and I'll try to keep this blog up with happenings.

1 comment:

  1. Well at least we are on the same day now. We all miss you tons and can't wait for you to get home. I hope you all have fun though and the trip gets better without mayo or other oddities. It is the wrong country to be in and not like seafood. Maybe just stick to lobster the whole time? That wouldn't stink. I love you with all my heart. Have fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete

The Last Melon

  Guess what?!  The last and youngest has turned 18!  It's hard to believe.  Almost as hard as it is that she'll be leaving for coll...