Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Beach Blogging

Do you feel loved?  I know...no blog in a week, and I'm sorry about that.  I was packing and ... well, here's one from our vacation.  So far, our routine is wake up, beach, lunch, nap, outside, popsicles, and shopping.  We're running into difficulties with the weather and hotness.  We don't want to mini golf because it's really hot, and we're not really sure we have the age group for it anyway.  R and D would be fine, but I don't think the rest would have much interest. 

This house is tiny.  The stairs leading to the upper level open right into the first bedroom.  You walk through that to get to the other bedroom.  Anyone who knows me and my children's sleep schedules can imagine my shock and sheer panic as to seriously thinking I was facing a week without any sleep.  We figured it out.  M is still holding out as being the most messed up in it all while R and L are loving not going to bed until 9p!  It's the same as at home, but they're actually up and watching tv instead of playing in their room. 

One thing is for certain, we will not starve.  Maria and I have bought a bunch of groceries, and we're already into making another list for a grocery run.  We've been good and have made all our breakfasts, lunches, and dinners so far.  Kaelyn is craving crab (*shocker*) so we'll probably eat out tomorrow. 

I'm just going to roll through these pics. 



Anybody notice anything in particular about those beach pictures?  Kevin isn't wearing his sunglasses.  The sea has claimed them again...for the second time.  He lost them in Myrtle Beach a while back, then scratched the heck out of that pair on vacation, and now...a wave crashed into him while he was holding M.  He tried to turn them around, but not without losing his glasses to hold on to her.  He's not very happy about it.  Stay tuned.

5 comments:

  1. Awh! I want to be there - family, cool water, sand - I could sleep on the beach!!!! Sounds like you're living in a doll house!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photos! I especially love the family portrait. You should have that enlarged into a photo canvas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too like picture of the family on the porch. It is good of all you. I know that it was a big decision for KJ to protect Marley vice the sunglasses and I know it was a toss-up but I think he will be happy with his decision on down the road. It is tough because I know how much he worked at picking that pair out. The house does sound small but hey, with your group and her group even a big house would be small.
    I hope you are having fun. Blog when you can. Many read but only a few comment.

    Love all you .

    Papa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too like the picture of the family on the porch. It is good of all you. I know that it was a big decision for KJ to protect Marley vice the sunglasses and I know it was a toss-up but I think he will be happy with his decision on down the road. It is tough because I know how much he worked at picking that pair out. The house does sound small but hey, with your group and her group even a big house would be small.
    I hope you are having fun. Blog when you can. Many read but only a few comment.

    Love all you .

    Papa.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crap....I posted it once and it said I have an error. Then I did it again and it posted it twice.

    ReplyDelete

Two for Two!

  I made it back, and it wasn't that long!  Continuing on with the pic collage of 2026.  Here we roll... January This guy's birthday...