Outside my window...
It's sunny and noisy. There's a house being built on the other side of our neighbor. There's a breeze, and it's about 77. Ahhhh, this is my kind of weather....if only the bugs were dead.
I am thankful for...
Routine. Making decisions. Some downtime.
I am thinking about...
My health. I guess it's about time I did. I go to the doc next Friday. We'll decide whether I'm going to start treatment. I hate the unexpected. Seems fitting I would get a disease full of surprises.
In the schoolroom...
It's going. I'm still working out the kinks from teaching Rory and Logan together. Marley just jumps right in there too. Kaelyn starts college next week. I'm old.
From the kitchen...
Kevin and I are back on the health wagon. It was a hard climb back up there, but we finally made it. I'm trying to expand my repertoire of dinners to more than five dishes. What can I say except that Kevin does the cooking. I know. I'm spoiled. I do want to learn more healthy dishes to prepare, so I'm going to get started on that sometime. ;)
I am creating...
School stuff. Organized spaces. Room to groove. Peace. Harmony.
I am working on...
God's path for me. Every time I think I have it figured out, He pulls the rug out. Knowing that if I keep my eyes on Him, I will not sink.
I am reading...
"Saving CeeCee Honeycutt" by Beth Hoffman.
I am praying for...
Some friends
I am hearing...
Noises from Logan as he plays with his Lego Star Wars figurines. Clicking of buttons from Rory on the computer.
Around the house...
I'm trying to declutter and organize. I don't think I've been very successful in the past because I tend to be an all or nothing person. If I can't have the whole thing organized when I'm done, then I won't start. I've been able to break things down and get some done here and there, and it's working out. Little areas...baby steps...I just need to shrink my whole life I guess.
One of my favorite things...
The chill of the morning air recently. It's like a whispered promise every morning.
A few plans for the rest of the week...
College Orientation. Cousin dinner. Pool. Family time.
A picture thought...
My first successful attempt at a french braid. I know how to do them, but I have no patience, and the hairs can't be tangled. The hairs normally get all tangled, and I get frustrated, and I quit half way through. I stuck it out this time and gave up the control. Amazing how much easier things work out when I do that. :)
Tuesday, August 21, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Two for Two!
I made it back, and it wasn't that long! Continuing on with the pic collage of 2026. Here we roll... January This guy's birthday...
-
Awhile ago, I came across a blog about The Birthday Project . When you click on that link, you have to scroll up. Anyway, my birthday was ...
-
I don't know what day it is let alone what day quarantine it is. Just kidding. I know it's Monday the 30th. I've been able to...
-
Sooooooo...the question on everyone's mind is..."What's Obama going to do next?" HAHAHA! I should say, for this audience...
.jpg)
Awesome daybook babe. I love fall but not winter. Hopefully I can get the kids into skiing and then I might like it.
ReplyDelete