Thursday, November 29, 2012

A Last Day of November Daybook

We're in the eye of the storm here at the end of November.  Made it through Kaelyn's, my niece's, and my nephew's birthdays plus Thanksgiving.  There's a little lull here since we don't go to my parent's to celebrate their anniversary anymore, which is today.  HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!  Next up, my father-in-law's birthday, my mom's birthday, Jesus' birthday, New Years, and Kevin's birthday rounding it out.  Whew!  Just typing it out makes me tired.  So I thought I'd do a daybook to catch up on things because I don't know when I'll be able to just unwind a bit for it.  

Outside my window...
It's dark, cold, and the moon is so bright.  This full moon is making people crazy, yo.

I am thankful for...
answered prayers including receiving the grant from the Leukemia/Lymphoma Society for chemo treatments.  It did come through!  Good news feels good.

I am thinking about...
lots of things.  I know that's vague, but we would be here all day if I were to go into everything.  

In the SchoolRoom...
we're getting back into the swing of things.  We just started full force back today, and it went well.  We're going to have a couple weeks of full force before we relax for Christmas.  We normally take all of December off and do "Christmas school" but we took November off instead it seems.  It feels good to be getting back to a normalcy.

From the kitchen...
ummmm...we just got back to that too.  :/  It's a process.  

I am creating...
a cross-stitch that was for Kaelyn's birthday but is now pushing Christmas.  Hopefully I'll get it done.  

I am working on...
a plan for Advent.  I store this daybook answer from another blogger.  I think I'm going to go the route of Jotham's Journey.  I got the book a while ago but never read it.  I think the kids are in a good place for it.

I am reading...
things for my Carmel Aspriancy.  It's A LOT of reading.  I love it!

I am praying for...
family.

I am hearing...
The Muppets Christmas with John Denver.  The kids play it ALL THE TIME.  I am also hearing Rory singing all sorts of things... even rapping.

Around the house...
eh.  It's slow going.  I cleaned and rearranged the kids' room.  I need to tackle downstairs.  I'm going to make that our "school" space now that Marley is close to going without naps.  I'm picturing a couch surrounded by books.  I don't know if this will interfere with Kevin's office or not.  I just want to walk into the front door of my house and have it feel homey...not 4 kids live here.

One of my favorite things...
my new Scentsy warmer.  It's red and lovely.  I need some different scents for it, but it's doing it's job for now.  I'm addicted.

A few plans for the rest of the week...
getting a tree.  We have a pre-lit, artificial, pathetic tree from Walmart.  This year we decided to do the drastic opposite and go cut a tree down.  I can't believe I'm typing that because I really don't like the idea of cutting a tree down and then tossing it after using it.  I'm not a tree hugger per say, but maybe a tree liker.  Kids trump everything though, so we're going to cut a tree down tomorrow.  I say we but really mean Kevin.  Don't worry.  I'll make sure I have my camera charged and ready for you all.  Then it's off to Rory's first basketball scrimmage.  I don't know that I'm cut out to be a sideline parent.  I'm already nervous.

A picture thought...
Here's hoping this will solve the Logan climbing up into Rory's bed issue.  Now he'll just have to roll over.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Most of the time we have to tell Rory to change the song. I grew up listening to the John Denver and Muppets Christmas. It's an awesome CD. I was and am really sad that Mr. Denver is no longer here. He is in a better place. I was thinking to myself the other day that I would become a Franciscan cause Nora is going into the Carmelites. There are a lot of things going on around the house. One of the things i'll be grateful for is the load off Nora and the littles once Kaelyn gets her license!

    ReplyDelete

Two for Two!

  I made it back, and it wasn't that long!  Continuing on with the pic collage of 2026.  Here we roll... January This guy's birthday...