We went with Nana, Rory, and Logan in tow. Marley's class was to parade around and then trick or treat at their classmates' homes. To do this, parents were encouraged to make their "house" out of cereal boxes or paper bags. I did this last night while Kevin took the kids trick or treating. I did not get creative, but I hit the house color and green shutters.
Some people got really creative...like Marley's best friend's mom. Oh well, I did my best with what I had at the time considering everything, and that's all I have to say about that.
The kids paraded around and then we went back to the classroom for games. There's a little kid in Marley's class who has had surgery upon surgery and chemo and radiation. He's a spunky little 4yo, and my perspective got a little broadsided by it. IT.COULD.BE.SO.MUCH.WORSE.
The rest of the day was shot, and I don't want to talk about. I'm exhausted. I'm trying to bust out this blog and head to bed. I'm trying to really take it easy tomorrow, and I think I'm going to have to clear my schedules for Thursdays and Fridays because I really don't think I can take it. It reminds me of that line in Finding Nemo,"You think you can do these things, but you just can't Nemo." I feel like I can and then I'm sick and exhausted. I need to rest, and this is probably going to be a VERY hard thing for me. I'm a bit of a control freak in case you didn't know that. ;)
Anywho, who wants to talk about all that nonsense? Let's get to the pictures. The kids trick or treated last night too, thanks to Kevin. He even drove them down to Nana and Papa's to trick or treat there.
At the last minute Logan decided to go as a ninja because Rory and his cousins were all ninjas. He was going to be Darth Vadar. All in all everything went well, and I'm thankful for such things. Little blessings.
.jpg)

It was fun walking around with the kids and then taking them down to Nana and Papa's to treat there. I had a blast doing it and the kids had a blast as well.
ReplyDeleteWhat a bunch of spooky little critters. I had Ninjas and all kinds of things but I only had one Strawberry. She walked into the door and I said, "Ooh, what a pretty little apple." She wasted no time in telling Papa that she was a strawberry. Well of course she was. Rory was a white ninja and Logan was a black Ninja. I felt safe and sound.
ReplyDeleteI think they had fun and Nana and I tried to make sure their Trick or Treat baskets were stocked up.
Thanks for bringing them down KJ, Dad.