Thursday, March 7, 2013

Happy Birthday, Nana!

Today is my mother-in-law's birthday.  Unfortunately my father-in-law is in the hospital, and she's spending her day there.  If you can spare some prayers, we would appreciate it.  Here is Nana's birthday acrostic.

N- NIFTY KNITTER  Nana makes blankets of all kinds for numerous people.  Anytime I tell her that one of my friends is pregnant, they get a baby blanket.  She doesn't even know these people, and she makes them a blanket.  Since none of my friends are prego without a blanket already, she's making them for the grandchildren.  They all already have one, but she's going for round two.
A- ALWAYS THERE  In a drop of a hat, Nana will come running if her family needs her.  Whether it's babysitting, a meal, an ear, her car...she'll willingly and happily give it.
N- NURTURING  See above.  Heck, she even feeds the squirrels along with the birds in her yard.  She tries to take care of everyone so much that at times she neglects herself.  
A- AUDIBLE  One of Nana's favorite things is to listen to books on tape (on her Ipod) while she crochets.  She's always talking about a book she's listening to.  I think she's branching out into her Kindle now too.  She deserves some downtime.  I wouldn't be surprised if she were listening to something and crocheting something while sitting with Jerry.

Thank you, Nana, for all your love, support, and help.  Happy, Happy Birthday!  We love you!    

1 comment:

  1. I really wish you didn't have to be in the hospital with Dad. I wish you were at home falaxing. It stinks that you have to be there. I hope you all get out of there soon and you get to have a proper Birthday. I love you!

    ReplyDelete

Two for Two!

  I made it back, and it wasn't that long!  Continuing on with the pic collage of 2026.  Here we roll... January This guy's birthday...