Monday, May 20, 2013

A Spring Daybook

Outside my window...
dark and warm.  It's supposed to be in the 80's for the next couple of days.  Ugh.

I am thankful for...
perspective.  I am learning a lot in this past little bit. I don't know what God has in store, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I was apprehensive about it.  

I am thinking about...
summer.  I hate sweating.  Days at the pool, bugs, sunscreen, sticking to seats, sticky hands from popsicles, bugs, etc.

In the schoolroom...
We had our second review of the year, and we're doing something different next year (stay tuned), so I'm trying really hard not to throw in the towel now.  ;)  I think we'll have to do reading and math throughout the summer, but I do want to finish some things before then.

From the kitchen...
I really want to start eating healthier things...less processed stuff.  We're going to look at a farm nearby that sells poultry, beef, and veggies grown there and organically.  We might have the budget if that's all we're buying.

I am creating...
a homestead.  It's time to start focusing on my home and family.  We've had so many distractions.  I need to start while there's a break in the crazy.

I am working on...
my healthy eating.  I'm getting into a groove.  I think it all has to do with stopping the Diet Pepsi.  Once I have one I want another, and cookies, and chocolate, and something fried.  It's a death spiral for any healthy eating agenda.  I told myself I'd get a dollar a day for every day I don't have a soda.  I don't think I'll ever see the money, but it helps with the motivation.

I am reading...
my Carmelite prayers still.  I'm looking into a couple of books.  I read a trilogy on temperaments, the one God gave me, Kevin, and the kids.  It's a series by Art and Laraine Bennett.  It was pretty interesting, and I understand some things about how I handle arguments with the kids and Kevin from it.  

I am praying for...
myself and my family.  We also have a list of priests to pray for daily...one a day, from our Diocese.  I explained to the kids that whenever they don't get something they want or they get hurt, they're to shout, "For Father Michael!"  That's the priest we prayed for today.  We just started, so I'm hoping to follow through with it and get them in the habit.

I am hearing...
master procrastinator, Kaelyn, chipping away at a hardened clay sculpture outside.  It's 10p and hopefully our neighbors won't mind us making noise for once.  This project is due tomorrow.  She didn't figure out that a spoon wouldn't work until 15 minutes into her start AT NINE O'CLOCK!  *sigh*  I think I should add Kaelyn out of school to my short list of pros about summer.

Around the house...
I don't know.  I just got into a fight with Kaelyn, so I'm going to call it a night.  Sorry.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know what Ms. Blogger is talking about with the "arguments" with me. We don't EVER argue. She is right, all the time, and I am not. There are some things I feel strongly about but 9.9999999 times out of 10 Nora feels strongly about my strongly felt feelings and therefore I a wrong. You believe this right? FOR FATHER MICHAEL!

    ReplyDelete

Two for Two!

  I made it back, and it wasn't that long!  Continuing on with the pic collage of 2026.  Here we roll... January This guy's birthday...