Here's a little secret...I hate my hair. I always have. Remember that picture of me when I was younger with my sister?
Curls...even back then. I'll have to get the picture of my pixie cut. When my mom didn't know what to do with it anymore, she hacked it all off. I understand her frustration now!
I went an hour away to go to a curly hair specialist. It was less of a haircut and more of a schooling in curls. I, Nora, am ready to embrace my curls...maybe. I have to change a lot of things, but I think it's going to be fine. She took my ponytail holders from me. :O I am not allowed to do a braid or bun anymore. It's not good for the curls.
Here's what it looked like after the salon.
Embrace the curls. Embrace the curls. Embrace the curls.
If I wasn't allowed to do buns, what about the gym? She told me to bend over and gather my hair on top of my head and put it in a ponytail. I asked her if she was kidding. She wasn't. I kind of liked it. Completely different for me. The people at the gym didn't recognize me. :)
After the gym was a completely different story. I had sweat it up and the frizz showed up, just like it always does.
We'll see how long this new venture lasts. I'm digging the ponytail. Old habits die hard.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Two for Two!
I made it back, and it wasn't that long! Continuing on with the pic collage of 2026. Here we roll... January This guy's birthday...
-
Awhile ago, I came across a blog about The Birthday Project . When you click on that link, you have to scroll up. Anyway, my birthday was ...
-
I don't know what day it is let alone what day quarantine it is. Just kidding. I know it's Monday the 30th. I've been able to...
-
Sooooooo...the question on everyone's mind is..."What's Obama going to do next?" HAHAHA! I should say, for this audience...

I, for one, thinks it looks awesome. I like the pony tail look as well for those gym times. Rory and I walked around Ashburn village while Nora was in getting the hair education. We had a lot of fun on the trip and walking around the stores there. I am glad that Nora got it done and hopefully i'll not hear "I hate my hair" every night of my life! :)
ReplyDelete