I was thinking about taking each activity moment by moment, but we have been doing A LOT. So I'm going to post pics, see what I have, and explain along the way. We have been pretty non-stop. Get ready...here we go.
This is KJ by himself in the inflatable having fun.
Meanwhile, Logan was at a fishing derby...
Logan caught the biggest fish and the most fish.
It's been crazy and awesome. Our time together ends Tuesday. The kids are getting to that point where some time apart might be good for them, so I think our timing is right on. Still...I want them to stay.
It's been a really awesome stay with the D's. We've always been doing something. The kids have played their share of video games and building "haunted" houses. There have been a few meltdowns, arguments, and fights but I wouldn't expect anything less. Nora and her sister have raised (are raising) fine young girls and boys.
I do have to gush a little about Logan's fishing. Logan is the "best" (read: luckiest) fisherman I have ever seen. When he goes fishing people come crowding around him to catch fish. On this particular trip he caught four large Catfish that ended up breaking the line when we tried to pull them out. I was upset for him but he just smiled. If that's not a life calling occupation I don't know what is. Maybe he'll be a "fisher of people" instead of "just fish?"
It's been a really awesome stay with the D's. We've always been doing something. The kids have played their share of video games and building "haunted" houses. There have been a few meltdowns, arguments, and fights but I wouldn't expect anything less. Nora and her sister have raised (are raising) fine young girls and boys.
ReplyDeleteI do have to gush a little about Logan's fishing. Logan is the "best" (read: luckiest) fisherman I have ever seen. When he goes fishing people come crowding around him to catch fish. On this particular trip he caught four large Catfish that ended up breaking the line when we tried to pull them out. I was upset for him but he just smiled. If that's not a life calling occupation I don't know what is. Maybe he'll be a "fisher of people" instead of "just fish?"