Now about our situation this weekend. Maybe you remember me talking about that one weekend KJ fixed the porch because the bricks had fallen apart. The brick was doing that because we had a groundhog making a home under our porch. When KJ fixed the bricks, he dug under the flower bed. When KJ blocked that, he dug around the other side of the porch, so he blocked that.
Well, the brick started to fall back into under the porch again here recently. Yesterday morning KJ found that the groundhog had dug AGAIN in the flower bed to get under the porch, so he went to the store and got two traps, a large and a small. He filled the large one and put it out this morning after seeing the groundhog out and eating breakfast.
KJ found the trap empty a couple of times. The groundhog had come in, taken the canteloupe, and the latch hadn't dropped...twice. This did not make KJ happy. He went and got the other trap and set them both out. We went to Sunday dinner at his parents and came home to a caught groundhog. Yay!
KJ and his brother drove it away and let it loose. Kevin didn't get any pictures of that. :( Do groundhogs have a homing sense? I think this groundhog has a family, so the plan is to catch them all and bring them to the same spot. I'm curious to see if we catch anything besides a groundhog because we have lots of critters in these parts. I'll keep you up to date. KJ is SO EXCITED to have caught this thing. Hopefully we can get some concrete to fill in under the porch before the weather changes.


I, for one, know that Rory did a fantastic job as alter server. She gets to do it again this Thursday. I know she loves doing it too.
ReplyDeleteI call that last photo "Ground Hog Time Out." Nora looked out the window when it was in the cage and said "He's really angry and biting the wire." I went out to sit by him because if I was out there he wouldn't move. The look he gave was one I see on the kids when they get time outs.