Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Cub Scout Cake Night

Last year was our first cake night.  We had no notice remembered late and had to make a themed cake.  Last year it was citizenship.  This year it was what I love about scouts.  Logan liked fishing and spending time with daddy best.  This cake night happened during Hell-o week last Friday.  We baked the cake Thursday and Nana helped him decorate it Friday.  I was at the vendor event and Kevin was on THE work call.  

I had seen something on a blog for the feast day of St. Francis.  They were wolf cookies.  Logan's in the wolf den this year.  Nana was a lifesaver for this project.  Sometimes I tend to be a little *whispering* controlling.  I know.  It might come as a shock to some of you.  You can bet I was on my way to the vendor fair trying not to call and see how things were going, or to add another idea or thought to make sure they were on the right track...my track.  Then, I would take a breath and let it go.  I had to.  I was already running on empty and I had to let go of something.  My 7yo's cake was it.

Apparently, Kevin couldn't get off the phone with a lot of time to help.  I texted Kevin and asked him to take a pic if he could and send it to me.  I was so pleasantly surprised.  Thank you Nana and everyone else who helped.  It sure took a load off my worry radar.  

The Cub Scouts run it so that each kid gets something.  The big prize is some measuring cups.  Everyone else gets a wooden spoon.  Last year Logan got the measuring cups.  This year he got a wooden spoon.  I don't know the rhyme or reason, but I love a wooden spoon as much as the next person.  Here's all this in film.


These wolf cookies are Pepperidge Farm lemon cookies, dipped in chocolate with white chocolate chips.  You don't have to use the lemon cookies, but the design is what you're looking for.  So..what do you think?  Rice krispie boat, gingerbread men cookies, swedish fish...wonderful!

2 comments:

  1. I will comment on this one as I had an observer’s part. Nana did help with the decoration of the cake but she will be the first to admit that all the supplies and the design were Ms. Blogger and Logan's. I will not comment on the control Ms. Blogger exerted as she was very busy but the cake was important to her because it was important to Logan.
    Anyway, I will get to the point. Since KJ was on the phone to work off and on the whole time I was invited to go to the Cub Scouts Pack meeting with them in case KJ had to step away from the activities for a while. I went and enjoyed it very much. Ms. Blogger was correct in saying that all entries were given a prize but most were for "Participant". Logan actually won, "Most Creative"! This was one of the biggie prizes. (OK so the size of the spoon was the same!) SO.......
    The design by Ms. Blogger and Logan, as implemented by Nana and Logan, and as witnessed by Daddy and Papa won the night!'
    The real winner was ME! I had a blast and didn't do a blasted thing except sit there...O' Yeah...I had to listen to "My Little Red Wagon" about a zillion times (Don't ask!)!

    I had fun and hope to be invited next time!

    Papa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah ... That whole work on the call thing really got to me. Anyone who knows me, knows where I would have rather been. My full attention was not paid to the kids that day I REALLY disliked it. I like my job, of course, it puts a roof over our heads and food on the table but I LOVE my family. Nora said it but I will again. Thank you for the huge support that was shown. I know it will always be given but it's nice to hear how important you are every now and again ;)

    Papa knows he has an open invitation to anything we go and do. I think it easier to just walk through the house on the way out and say "oh by the way..." than it is to have a schedule in place. ;)

    You can't ride in my little red wagon
    Front seats broken and the axles dragging
    chug-a
    chug-a
    chug-a chug-a chug-a

    second verse, same as the first
    a little bit softer and a little bit worse
    You can't ride in my little red wagon
    Front seats broken and the axles dragging
    chug-a
    chug-a
    chug-a chug-a chug-a

    third verse same as the first
    a little bit louder and a little bit worse
    You can't ride in my little red wagon
    Front seats broken and the axles dragging
    chug-a
    chug-a
    chug-a chug-a chug-a

    Yes it keeps going ... you get the gist ... I have to get to bed and get up again at 515.... :))

    ReplyDelete

Two for Two!

  I made it back, and it wasn't that long!  Continuing on with the pic collage of 2026.  Here we roll... January This guy's birthday...