It rained and winded today. Fall temperatures are arriving tomorrow. I can't lie. I'm squealing with excitement.
I am thankful...
For this past weekend. I canceled everything and just got stuff done around here. It's not exactly "restful" but I didn't have to rush to get to the next thing. That was relaxing.
I am thinking about...
This week. I'm calling it hell week. There's a lot to be done, and I'm feeling overwhelmed. I tried to get a head start this weekend, and I got a lot done, but there's so much more. I just have to make it through this weekend. ;)
In the schoolroom...
I've shown you the Roman projects. We have gotten into a groove with schoolwork from our co-op. Rory even had to write a persuasive speech, and she tried to persuade her teacher to give less homework. I think it worked a bit. There's a definite change to the amount. We were even able to do a fall craft project. The kids want to buy decorations. I told them we're making them instead. I'm sure I'll regret it later.
From the kitchen...
We went gluten free for two days last week. Then I took Marley to the doc and she told me not to go gluten free. Apparently Marley is "failing to thrive" like Rory. I asked if it was possible that I have tall skinny kids. She admitted it's possible, but she wanted blood work. We got that done today. Poor Mars did great. FOUR TUBES WITH FASTING. I think I was more stressed than she was. The doc said that if we go gluten free then I'll have to count their calories. I have NO TIME for that.We're trying something else instead. Pray for good test results.
I am creating...
Christmas lists; Something they want, something they need, something to wear, something to read.
I am working on...
My prayer life. We did two novenas to Saint Therese. I'm asking for miracles. I'm begging for miracles.
I am reading...
Nothing right now, but I have books in waiting.
I am praying...
MIRACLES!
I am hearing...
Downton Abbey. Yay!
Around the house...
I have implemented chores. I just can't remember to have them do them. Instead when they start fighting, I give them each a chore. I think my house will be cleaner this way than assigning chores and a specific time to do them.
One of my favorite things...
Apple TV. All our shows play and the next day we watch them. It's lovely. There's no commercials.
A few plans for the rest of the week...
You don't want to know. Seriously, it'll tire me out just to type it.
Photodump...
Why did the last one of Rory and Marley get left off? Great day book on this FIRST DAY OF FALL. It was actually chilly today instead of being SUMMER. Hopefully one of these days we are going to stop having problems with the client I support and I can be with the family more ...
ReplyDelete