Politics is NOT my strong suit. My knowledge consists of plugging my ears and singing," Aaaaaa-men. Aaaaaa-men. Aaaaa-A-men. A-men. A-men." That's what I would do when I was little and my sisters made me watch Children of the Corn. Let me back up.
I've been reading a blog that talks a lot about Moral Imagination. This is loosely translated, but it goes something like this. Children these days are missing the inherent right and wrong, good and evil message that most of us got when we were young. It involves the books we read, movies watched (or didn't watch) and so on. For example, dragons are evil. Period. The end. Yet, in today's society, we have movies that turn them into nice creatures such as How To Train Your Dragon. Vampires are evil, fictional, characters but we personify them and have them fall in love in movies and books today. The message is being lost. The teaching of good and evil may still be happening, but it isn't being reinforced through examples, stories, etc. Think Disney.
I have a strong sense of good and evil. All bad I've done in my life, I knew was bad. This is why some things are so blatantly clear to me in politics because duh, it's just bad. There doesn't have to be a reason or an example, one just KNOWS it's bad. This is how I feel about politics. Don't explain to me what's happening because it makes me mad because someone is always doing something bad. It's as plain sight as common sense most times.
I get what little information I know from Kevin. He launches into the whole story and nitty gritty on something, and I instantly feel like plugging my ears and having some gospel music singing time. People are doing bad things. People that we are supposed to trust to look after us and take care of us. It's sad. It's dragons and vampires trying to be good. It's looks normal because we're seeing it everywhere.
(climbing off soapbox)
I'm done. But since I decided to go and get all serious on ya, I'll leave you with a funny. This is in honor of my geek husband.
And one more...This was a tweet from Robin Williams about Canada in honor of my seester.
I couldn't agree more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Two for Two!
I made it back, and it wasn't that long! Continuing on with the pic collage of 2026. Here we roll... January This guy's birthday...
-
Awhile ago, I came across a blog about The Birthday Project . When you click on that link, you have to scroll up. Anyway, my birthday was ...
-
I don't know what day it is let alone what day quarantine it is. Just kidding. I know it's Monday the 30th. I've been able to...
-
Sooooooo...the question on everyone's mind is..."What's Obama going to do next?" HAHAHA! I should say, for this audience...


A little late on this one so sorry about that. It's been another hectic week with my client at work. Hopefully things start to quiet down with them.
ReplyDeleteNora knows a lot more about this stuff than I do. I think I can see it though as a Liberal view on things. The parties are so vastly divided right now. Maybe they always have been and i've just been blind to it. It is pretty sad though. I want to move out of this state very badly. It is being ran into the ground by our Democrat "leaders."