1.
Logan finished his first chapter book ever. Normally I read out loud to him, and I think Rory might have read a chapter or two to him, but he read this on his own. He's so proud of himself.
2.
My summer schooling plan is going smoothly. That's nice. My summer at home plan is not going as smoothly. I had all these great expectations...as usual.
3.
T- Minus 1 week and one day until VBS. I am NOT volunteering this year. I am going to be at the gym for three hours straight every morning for a week. Just kidding...it won't be that extreme, but I will be getting some sweet gym time.
4.
Kaelyn had her first trip away from home for a while by herself. I've been keeping up with texting her every morning and evening to make sure she's alive. I think she's having a really good time.
5.
About the counting down...my seester will be here at the end of the month. Let the fun begin! She can't stay as long, so we'll have to cramp a lot in to a little time.
6.
Sometime during their stay, I have a retreat. It's a good thing and a bad. It happens while they're here taking away one of our weekends, but it's a silent retreat for Carmel. Oh my. I wouldn't even know what to do with myself. I will have my own room in a seminary with Mass, Adoration, talks from priests, and I don't have to talk to anyone. Be still my introverted heart!
7.
While Kaelyn's been at the beach, Rory's been sleeping in her room. Except for a few weary first nights, I think she's comfortable now right when Kaelyn's due back tomorrow. Meanwhile in the old room, Marley's sleeping in Logan's bed and Logan's sleeping in Rory's. This puts Marley on the top bunk and Logan on the loft. I think tomorrow, we're going to try Rory in Marley's bed. I think this might work since Rory gets up earlier than the other two and wakes them up on her way down. Then we're going to try Logan on the bottom bunk because he's loud and thumps out of bed every morning. Maybe if he didn't have so far to go, it would be quieter and he wouldn't wake everyone else. Who knows? For right now, they're all excited about the bed switching prospect.
Remember that movie Scream? I look like that mask!

Way to go Logan. He just needs the confidence to know he can do stuff on his own.
ReplyDeleteI know all too well the price of setting high expectations. I hope it gets better and some of them are met.
I am sure it will be a nice for the kids as well. They will always have such a great time there.
I really hope the week away was fun. It is tough not to worry about what's going on there when you've done it so many times yourself. ;)
The kids are really excited about this one as well. Rory wrote out a letter last night to the Derkatch family. I hope they get it before they are here.
I think it's going to be harder than you think! You will want to say something "off the cuff" or to make a witty comment and won't be able to.
The first night was really rough for them. Like Nora, I think without having Rory in the loft bed to make noise the other two will sleep a little better. It might just work out that it's the bed and not the person.
AAAAGHGHGHGHHG .....