Where should I start? Rory had a birthday party Friday night, so it was football then fetching. Saturday was spent running and running. We tried to work on insulating the house before winter. We got some insulation to stuff into the cracks in the laundry room (Kevin's place of work) and window. We got plexiglass to cover the outside of the window that we stuffed with insulation too, and that was a painful process. We didn't get tacky enough glue to hold the plexiglass, so Kevin stood there for almost three hours before I felt sorry for him and took a turn. By the time everything was said and done, I became a gorilla tape fan. The kids and I made it to mass except for Rory, who was sick.
Sunday, sunday, sunday....started out awful. Kaelyn normally texts that she's on her way home, and I woke up to find no texts and no Kaelyn. I texted and called. She texted saying that she fell asleep while watching a movie at her friend's house. I responded, and she didn't text back again. Kevin got home from mass, and he used the Find My iPhone thing and found her phone in Emmittsburg. Who does she know there? So I got paranoid and scared. I kept calling and texting. Then we saw that she turned her phone off, so now I'm thinking someone has her, and they're getting sick of me calling. We got the number for the house she was at, and they didn't answer either. I talked to a friend, who told me I was being paranoid. Kevin told me to drive out to the address myself, but that he thought she was fine too. We had to leave at 10a to get to Logan's football game, so I did what my friend suggested and told her guardian angel she was his now and went to the game. I still called her boyfriend to see if he knew anything. He wasn't calling me back either.
I finally received five frantic texts at once from Kaelyn saying that her phone didn't have reception, and she didn't get any of my texts or calls. She felt pretty bad about it. I immediately texted my mom and apologized for all those long nights (without smartphones) that I put her through. It seems that she was up in the middle of the night worrying about Kaelyn too, and I hadn't even told her. Crazy!
The rest of the day was spent playing. Kevin was trying to get Rory's attention outside and ended up breaking the living room window. $$$ We're still trying to figure out how to replace it. I feel like this day would've been better spent had I not gotten out of bed. Geesh! Never looked forward to a Monday more in my life. Kevin and Rory have a field trip tomorrow, so that should be nice for them. Hopefully he'll take pictures that I can share with you.
Have a great week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Two for Two!
I made it back, and it wasn't that long! Continuing on with the pic collage of 2026. Here we roll... January This guy's birthday...
-
Awhile ago, I came across a blog about The Birthday Project . When you click on that link, you have to scroll up. Anyway, my birthday was ...
-
I don't know what day it is let alone what day quarantine it is. Just kidding. I know it's Monday the 30th. I've been able to...
-
Sooooooo...the question on everyone's mind is..."What's Obama going to do next?" HAHAHA! I should say, for this audience...
I was really sore after working on the laundry room. I don't know if you all fully appreciate the issues though. In winter it is about 40 degrees in the laundry room. That's pretty cold. It gets a little warmer with a portable space heater but not very much. I am usually sitting in long johns, jeans, sweatpants, long sleeve t-shirt, t-shirt, hooded sweatshirt (WITH the hood up), and a jacket. No .... I have never, ever, exaggerated anything in my ENTIRE life. That being said it is really, really cold and the 40 degree temp is no joke.
ReplyDeleteNora failed to mention that we reset both Kaelyn's email and Apple account in the process. The Find My iPhone works off cell tower reception. We saw her phone's location and what percentage of battery power was left. We hit play sound on it twice and then it was shut off. We also looked at the address on Google Maps and got the number for the house she was at. Nora called several times with an answering machine picking up. While Nora as down getting dressed I looked up the Maryland Registered Sex Offenders page for any known people in that area. No one was listed at the address or around where she was. I was glad when we were at the game and Nora got the texts.
Hi Nora ... It is National Coffee day. She wants me buzzed on coffee for ever.
I feel really badly about the window. It's something I did all the time. I guess this time it was just in the "right" spot. I hit it in a karate chop fashion and it broke into several pieces. Hopefully we can get something to replace it for not an arm and a leg.