Wednesday, October 1, 2014
Wordless Wednesday - A Little Late and with Words
Monday was the first field trip of the year with our co-op. It was to one of those places where you climb trees and do obstacle courses and such. Considering that it involves heights, I volunteered KJ to take Rory. :) I figured Logan and Marley would hinder the fun these two could have on their own...both being dare devils and what not. So here are some clips. No Rory's or KJ's were severely injured in the making of these clips. I should've had KJ write this post. He has LOTS of stories about their time there, but I'm just going to give you pictures.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Two for Two!
I made it back, and it wasn't that long! Continuing on with the pic collage of 2026. Here we roll... January This guy's birthday...
-
Awhile ago, I came across a blog about The Birthday Project . When you click on that link, you have to scroll up. Anyway, my birthday was ...
-
I don't know what day it is let alone what day quarantine it is. Just kidding. I know it's Monday the 30th. I've been able to...
-
Sooooooo...the question on everyone's mind is..."What's Obama going to do next?" HAHAHA! I should say, for this audience...

That right there was an awesome day. Everyday since this week has been far less the case. Rory and I had a blast out there on the course. We "had" to do a green course before going any higher so we went on the "easy" one first. They ranged from Purple (super easy) to Yellow to Green to Blue to Black Diamond then Double Black Diamond. The hardest one we went on was a blue. Rory fell off twice but held onto the guide wires and pulled herself up very well each time. They call the things elements you navigate from stand to stand. All the while hooked into redundant safety clips. You cannot unlock them both at the same time while on the course. With the Zip Line you have triple redundancy due to the roller cage itself. So if and when you fall (I got that raspberry) you are safe. I have to admit there were times on the blue course I was worried about Rory making it. She did wonderfully through it all. The "Hook on and Jump" element was by far my most nerve racking moment. I didn't trust it and I wish I had now. I kept thinking that I was hooked into wrong and I needed to do something else. I finally just went. As I told Rory it's all counter-intuitive. Your mind doesn't want to Zip Line 300 feet across and 50 feet in the air and it doesn't want to fling you off a 100 foot platform with nothing but a little string attached to you. All in all it was an awesome day like I said. I had a ton of fun with my little girl and we both learned a lot about ourselves. We also learned to FOCUS ON WHAT WE WERE DOING NOT OTHERS! :))
ReplyDelete