Sunday, October 12, 2014

Finding My Joy

I made it to my conference this weekend.  I only went Saturday because today there wasn't much to it.  I say that, but I'll probably hear different from the others that went.  Anyway, we had a key speaker, lunch, and then breakout sessions.  My session was titled Finding Your Joy.  I sat there waiting with my pen and blank paper for a numerical list of steps to happiness.  
Here's what she offered.  She told us to remember what we enjoyed doing and playing when we were kids.  Then she said to find our gifts.  To find gifts, you are supposed to pay attention to what people ask of you and what they come to you for.  It was at this point when I turned to a friend on my left and told her I was screwed.  I liked making mud pies in my neighbor's backyard.  Pizza maker?  As far as my gifts...(insert crickets).  
My friends and I sat there talking about what a let down it was that she didn't give specific, helpful instructions to our seeking.  One of them said, "What does it mean that everyone comes to me to ask where the toilet paper is?"  It was pretty funny, and I assured her of what I thought her gifts were and what I come to her for.  I hope I made her feel better.  
This morning it took me three hours to completely lose any thoughts of joy whatsoever.  I found myself snarling to my son in the middle of Mass that I should have gone back to the retreat this morning instead of stay home with him and his sisters.  I think something is wrong with me.  I guess it's time to visit the counselor again.  If I were to guess, it's because I haven't had my gym outlet for two weeks now.  That's a long time to not have an outlet.  Hopefully, I can get back this week.
Momma Mary looking down from her mountain.  

1 comment:

  1. Nora is why too hard on herself. She is a wonderful mother and wife. She is also very talented and hardworking. We all have those moments when we wish we take something back we've said. We should try and learn from them and move on. I am really happy that Nora got to go on the retreat for at least Saturday. She deserves some time away and to relax. Everyone knows that Nora is a funny person as well (she learned it by watching me). I am sure that everyone says that about her. She has a knack for telling stories. It's just that ours tend to be the "Oh My Gosh that didn't really happen variety." We do really need to back to the gym. It'll be winter soon and our bodies will not want to shed any weight though ... better wait for spring ... hehe

    ReplyDelete

Two for Two!

  I made it back, and it wasn't that long!  Continuing on with the pic collage of 2026.  Here we roll... January This guy's birthday...