I missed the wordless wednesday, so I'm introducing Thursday Thoughts for when I mess up. :) Here are some tidbits from the conference this past weekend.
-The Holy Spirit dwells within me. Why am I trying to find answers in outside things? I just need to look within and listen.
-Our deepest desires are God's desires for us. We're not talking cars and money because if those are your deepest desires, you might need to check how shallow you are. I don't know what my "deepest" desire is right now, but I know that I want to find my joy, and I believe God wants me to find it too. Inherently, I know that I will find my joy in a deeper relationship with God, but I think there's more to it than that. I'm being sucked in to this joy thing, and if my relationship with God were the only answer, why am I left pondering it still?
-If something does not enhance my friendship with God, do I really need it? MIND.BLOWN. I have never thought of life that way. There are so many avenues to venture with this, but alas, I will get to it after I find my joy. Should I shorten that to FMJ? I feel like it's getting redundant.
-Romans 12:2 Read it. Do not conform.
-You come into this life with a bag packed by someone else. I love this line. So true, isn't it? Our parents/caregivers packed this bag that we spend a good majority of our adult life trying to unpack and deal with. Stubbornness? Procrastinating? Foot loose and fancy free?
-We need to be discerning not dependent. This line spoke a lot to me too because I have a hard time trusting my decisions. I look for validation from other people telling me that they agree or disagree with my words/actions and then why. If I am talking to someone in my close circle, and they present a different view point that makes a lot of sense to me, 9 times out of 10, I do what they say. Even though it doesn't feel right for me in my situation at the time, if the other opinion makes sense, I don't trust that I could possibly know what I'm talking about. I think some people know this about me and use it to bully me. I don't think they do this intentionally, but what's that saying? People will take advantage of you if you let them. This has been a major issue in the home school realm of my life. I think I'm getting it figured out, but darn it if I don't still entertain thoughts from others that don't live MY life.
-We all have a holy power. It is the power of our story. I love hearing people's stories. No two are the same. And I really don't know anyone who doesn't like telling their story. Maybe we should all start asking one another and really listen? I wonder what would happen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Two for Two!
I made it back, and it wasn't that long! Continuing on with the pic collage of 2026. Here we roll... January This guy's birthday...
-
Awhile ago, I came across a blog about The Birthday Project . When you click on that link, you have to scroll up. Anyway, my birthday was ...
-
I don't know what day it is let alone what day quarantine it is. Just kidding. I know it's Monday the 30th. I've been able to...
-
Sooooooo...the question on everyone's mind is..."What's Obama going to do next?" HAHAHA! I should say, for this audience...
I like and agree with a lot of what you said. There are some things that I don't know if I could go as far on though. All of it is certainly "food for thought." I don't know what would happen if everyone would just stop and listen for a moment. There are a lot of wonderful stories to be heard. Maybe the reason we are here is to find our joy and do it? If I started looking for mine now I am sure it would take a couple life times to find though .... :(
ReplyDeleteDiscerning vs dependent. I got that one! I was friends with a woman who seemed to have it all together and I really admired her. But her ideas and suggestions weren't really fitting for my situation, and I had a struggle with that--seemed a lot of times I did what she said b/c I was trying to earn her approval and keep her friendship. What was really interesting to me, was when I started thinking her way wouldn't work for me and I didn't follow her example, she started to become critical and angry with me. Turns out, she was just a bully. Heartbreaking lesson, but a good one. It's good to discern.
ReplyDeleteLots of interesting thoughts here. Thanks for posting them! (BTW, I think you're awesome!)
ReplyDelete