I missed the wordless wednesday, so I'm introducing Thursday Thoughts for when I mess up. :) Here are some tidbits from the conference this past weekend.
-The Holy Spirit dwells within me. Why am I trying to find answers in outside things? I just need to look within and listen.
-Our deepest desires are God's desires for us. We're not talking cars and money because if those are your deepest desires, you might need to check how shallow you are. I don't know what my "deepest" desire is right now, but I know that I want to find my joy, and I believe God wants me to find it too. Inherently, I know that I will find my joy in a deeper relationship with God, but I think there's more to it than that. I'm being sucked in to this joy thing, and if my relationship with God were the only answer, why am I left pondering it still?
-If something does not enhance my friendship with God, do I really need it? MIND.BLOWN. I have never thought of life that way. There are so many avenues to venture with this, but alas, I will get to it after I find my joy. Should I shorten that to FMJ? I feel like it's getting redundant.
-Romans 12:2 Read it. Do not conform.
-You come into this life with a bag packed by someone else. I love this line. So true, isn't it? Our parents/caregivers packed this bag that we spend a good majority of our adult life trying to unpack and deal with. Stubbornness? Procrastinating? Foot loose and fancy free?
-We need to be discerning not dependent. This line spoke a lot to me too because I have a hard time trusting my decisions. I look for validation from other people telling me that they agree or disagree with my words/actions and then why. If I am talking to someone in my close circle, and they present a different view point that makes a lot of sense to me, 9 times out of 10, I do what they say. Even though it doesn't feel right for me in my situation at the time, if the other opinion makes sense, I don't trust that I could possibly know what I'm talking about. I think some people know this about me and use it to bully me. I don't think they do this intentionally, but what's that saying? People will take advantage of you if you let them. This has been a major issue in the home school realm of my life. I think I'm getting it figured out, but darn it if I don't still entertain thoughts from others that don't live MY life.
-We all have a holy power. It is the power of our story. I love hearing people's stories. No two are the same. And I really don't know anyone who doesn't like telling their story. Maybe we should all start asking one another and really listen? I wonder what would happen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Last Melon
Guess what?! The last and youngest has turned 18! It's hard to believe. Almost as hard as it is that she'll be leaving for coll...
-
Awhile ago, I came across a blog about The Birthday Project . When you click on that link, you have to scroll up. Anyway, my birthday was ...
-
I don't know what day it is let alone what day quarantine it is. Just kidding. I know it's Monday the 30th. I've been able to...
-
Sooooooo...the question on everyone's mind is..."What's Obama going to do next?" HAHAHA! I should say, for this audience...
I like and agree with a lot of what you said. There are some things that I don't know if I could go as far on though. All of it is certainly "food for thought." I don't know what would happen if everyone would just stop and listen for a moment. There are a lot of wonderful stories to be heard. Maybe the reason we are here is to find our joy and do it? If I started looking for mine now I am sure it would take a couple life times to find though .... :(
ReplyDeleteDiscerning vs dependent. I got that one! I was friends with a woman who seemed to have it all together and I really admired her. But her ideas and suggestions weren't really fitting for my situation, and I had a struggle with that--seemed a lot of times I did what she said b/c I was trying to earn her approval and keep her friendship. What was really interesting to me, was when I started thinking her way wouldn't work for me and I didn't follow her example, she started to become critical and angry with me. Turns out, she was just a bully. Heartbreaking lesson, but a good one. It's good to discern.
ReplyDeleteLots of interesting thoughts here. Thanks for posting them! (BTW, I think you're awesome!)
ReplyDelete