Tuesday, December 30, 2014

20 Questions for 2014

1. What was the single best thing that happened this past year?

My chemo treatments ended
Does anything need to be said about that?  I think not.

2. What was the single most challenging thing that happened?

Marley's tooth surgery
I was a nervous wreck.  I don't know what it was about this one, but it's never easy to see your kids put to sleep.  Logan had his tooth surgery too.  It was one right after the other.  Not something I want to do again any time soon.

3. What was an unexpected joy this past year?

Teaching kindergarten
I mainly took on this task, so it would lower my tuition for our co-op.  It has been such a pleasant surprise.  I love my group of kids, and they all work well together.  It's been nice teaching Marley, since I taught Rory and Logan when they were younger.  I could do without the prep work, but the excitement on my kids' faces is worth it every time.

4. What was an unexpected obstacle?

The kitchen remodel
It's still not finished.  I studied and researched and thought I was all ready to go.  It was tiring and not satisfying at all.  That's why I haven't posted before and after pictures.  It didn't turn out at all like I wanted or planned, but it is a lot better than it was.  I guess that's something!

5. Pick three words to describe this past year.

Growth, Discovery, Accomplished

6. Pick three words your spouse would use to describe your year.

Procrastination, Entertainment, Growth

7. Pick three words your spouse would use to describe their year.

Growth (are you seeing a trend?), Relief, Better

8. What were the best books you read this year?

I didn't read a full book!  

9. With whom were your most valuable relationships?

God, myself

10. What was your biggest personal change from January to December this past year?

Definitely my Paleo journey
I've figured out a lot about my body and what foods are good and bad for it.  I can't wait to get back on the wagon in a couple of days.  It's a wonderful feeling when your body craves veggies.  Who would've thought?!

11. In what way(s) did you grow emotionally?

This would have to be my joy journey.  
I feel like I've calmed down a lot more too and don't scream as much.  It always comes back to being aware in the moment.  Taking a deep breath and a fresh dose of compassion has worked wonders so far.

12. In what way(s) did you grow spiritually?

My Carmelite journey
The readings in Carmel are getting more in depth, and I love them.  There's lots to meditate on and ponder as we get closer to making our second promises a year from now.  I am now two years into this journey, and I am doubting my place here less and less.  That's a good feeling.

13. In what way(s) did you grow physically?

Paleo
Just being intentional on my eating and exercising does so much.  

14. In what way(s) did you grow in relationships with others?

I think I let people in more this year.
I'm cautious about who I let in.  It's so easy to be hurt.  I've found myself being honest in the moment and taking whatever comes.  It has brought about beautiful moments and new friendships.  I can't cry about friendships I want and don't get anymore.  I don't have time.  Instead I'm choosing to invest in others that I wouldn't have normally given a chance. Being open and honest unlocks many doors.

15. What was the most enjoyable part of your work both professionally and at home?

Thirty-One is done.
This is enjoyable because it started becoming a thorn in my side.  Deciding to just be done with it and enjoy the memories has relieved so much stress.  I will have to get back to you about what was enjoyable about what I did at home.

16. What was the most challenging part of your work both professionally and at home?

Where do I begin?
I feel constantly challenged.  I'm a planner but not organized.  I have great ideas but no motivation.  I am great at STARTING things and projects....

17. What was your single biggest time waster in your life this past year?

COMPLAINING
I moan, groan, bitch, complain about everything.  I feel like I'm always whining about something.  Hopefully I can get a grip on this in the new year.

18. What was the best way you used your time this past year?

It's always my acts of kindness on my birthday.

19. What was the biggest thing you learned this past year?

Oh my goodness...I am right where God wants me to be.
I realized this after much fighting and arguing with priests, friends, and God Himself.  This whole year I kept trying to get "back on my path" only to realize I had never left it.  I was just complaining again because it's not the path I want, but who am I to question God?

20. Create a phrase or statement that best describes 2014 for you.

Get over yourself!

Happy 2015!






1 comment:

  1. I was going to do the full 20 question and answers but I don't know if I have it in me. I have to copy and paste it all then delete out what Nora put in letter by letter. Some would think that Google has it out for Safari (Apple Browser). Every time I try and highlight text it shoots to the top of the page.

    Nora nailed the three words I would pick. I'm sad to see 31 go but I know it is stressful to an introvert to get out like they really have to do. It's another year over and we have a lot of fond memories of it. I am looking forward to next year and of what it has in store for us. It will sure be a doozy. We have the trip and a 2013 Exchange upgrade to do at least. Those two are huge ticket items. Hopefully they don't coincide with one another ....

    ReplyDelete

Two for Two!

  I made it back, and it wasn't that long!  Continuing on with the pic collage of 2026.  Here we roll... January This guy's birthday...