That's how long it took for me to falter my New Year attitude. At least, eight days for ME to realize that I had. The most change I've had is my awareness. I've kept my mouth shut when I would've normally stuck my foot in it, I haven't complained when I normally would have, and I haven't lost my temper when I normally would have. On the eighth day, I think I did all of those many times, and I was STILL aware of it. Can I claim PMS and just call it bygones?
I've gotten better since, but there have still been some un-stellar moments. Maybe my word should have been forgiveness instead of EMBRACE. I started rethinking what makes me feel accomplished during the day. Almost any attitude is better with some accomplishment. So, for two days now, I've been trying something. I know. It's only been two days, but this has promise. Before I go to bed, I write down three things to do the next day that will make me feel accomplished. One has to do with cleaning, one has to do with food as far as planning a meal or something, and the other is free game.
For instance, my first list was to clean the downstairs bathroom, spin class, and make tacos for dinner. Kevin laughed when I told him the spin class one, but really, I didn't want to go. Even the night before, I knew I didn't want to go, so it went on my list. The next day, I knew I only HAD to do those three things. It worked! The rest was gravy! I might be on to something here.
Wish me luck!
PS- I have no pictures! I've been such a slacker!
Sunday, January 11, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Two for Two!
I made it back, and it wasn't that long! Continuing on with the pic collage of 2026. Here we roll... January This guy's birthday...
-
Awhile ago, I came across a blog about The Birthday Project . When you click on that link, you have to scroll up. Anyway, my birthday was ...
-
I don't know what day it is let alone what day quarantine it is. Just kidding. I know it's Monday the 30th. I've been able to...
-
Sooooooo...the question on everyone's mind is..."What's Obama going to do next?" HAHAHA! I should say, for this audience...
GOOD LUCK. Lucky 7. We got out money for the kids commissions and Nora got a scratcher called Lucky 7's too. She won, you guessed it, 7 dollars. Along with that other 7 she is on a roll.
ReplyDelete