Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Wordless Wednesday

I found this recipe for Zucchini Poppers on a freezer meal site.  I thought it sounded good.  Tried to make them once, but I didn't have all the ingredients, so I winged it.  Anyone who knows me knows that I can't cook anything without following a recipe precisely.  These turned out pretty good even though I burnt them the first time.  Since I'm going back on the strictly Paleo bandwagon, I decided to make a double batch.  I had to remember what I did to wing it the first time, and then try to double that.  I was on the phone with my mom and just winged it again.  As you can see even Kaelyn likes them, Rory and Kevin too.  I didn't make a sauce for them, but Kaelyn dipped them in melted butter.  They are time consuming and gone too fast.  I made two and a half trays and only ended up freezing one and a half.  We ate that whole tray in the top pic!  Make them!  

1 comment:

  1. That's a LOT of words for "Wordless Wednesday"!! They are really good but as Nora said take a lot of work and the yield is pretty low. Nora doubled the recipe and still only ended up with about 30 of them, after "some" were eaten. Nora had to keep telling people they weren't done cooking because they were trying to eat just the fried ones.

    ReplyDelete

Two for Two!

  I made it back, and it wasn't that long!  Continuing on with the pic collage of 2026.  Here we roll... January This guy's birthday...