Kevin and I went to a charity gala Saturday night since everyone knows networking is our strong suit. NOT! Our friends invited us. The organization is called Believe Big. They help provide holistic care to cancer patients. It's an incredible journey.
Last year our friends told us how they had suggested alternative medicines to some friends of theirs who homeschooled. We knew of them through the book club that the kids and I used to go to. Their daughter has a rare form of cancer and has relapsed three times. They suggested using mistletoe, which Believe Big promotes, and their daughter is showing a lot of progress and improvement, AND her cancer hasn't come back in 13 months. They sat at our table and spoke their story to the room. To know that our friends literally saved their friends' daughter's life is amazing.
To see God's work in action is so humbling. How our friends came to know this organization, to present it to their friends, to it saving their daughter...God's hand. I decided to purchase one of their sweatshirts that the saleslady raved about. I'm so glad I did. It's wonderful! Here's a pic of us looking all swanky.
Monday, April 13, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Two for Two!
I made it back, and it wasn't that long! Continuing on with the pic collage of 2026. Here we roll... January This guy's birthday...
-
Awhile ago, I came across a blog about The Birthday Project . When you click on that link, you have to scroll up. Anyway, my birthday was ...
-
I don't know what day it is let alone what day quarantine it is. Just kidding. I know it's Monday the 30th. I've been able to...
-
Sooooooo...the question on everyone's mind is..."What's Obama going to do next?" HAHAHA! I should say, for this audience...
It was fairly funny to see Nora and I standing there as if we had a clue of what to do. It was a nice show they put on and a great cause to support. I was just happy to be out with my wife. We don't get to do stuff like that very often. I am a little nervous though. I have to wash that sweatshirt, what if I mess it up. I've only read the tag about 20 times ....
ReplyDelete