Wednesday, July 29, 2015

The Beach

We went to the beach, and all I got was this measly picture.  I'm not sure how this happened.  I'm normally a snapping fool.  Still, I like this picture.  The water was freezing, and Kevin was the only brave, wonderful person to take the kids into the water.  Of course the rules were that he had to make sure there were people deeper in the water than he was, and that they were in front of him, so the sharks would get them first and he could retreat.  You think I kidding.  

Rory ran straight for the ocean when we got there.  She got caught in a wave series and pummeled repeatedly until Kevin had to go swoop her up.  She came out and played in the sand almost the rest of the time there.  She does this every year.  

Kevin's always really good about taking the kids for turns out into the waves with him.  He takes a beating and just holds the kids up over his head if a huge wave is coming while he has one.  He doesn't complain at all.  I think he only got two breaks the whole two hours we were there.  Three if you count when we got out to take the scope pictures.  Those didn't turn out so well, but that's ok.  

We were pretty low key this time around.  I think next year we might try a different beach.  We still had a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two for Two!

  I made it back, and it wasn't that long!  Continuing on with the pic collage of 2026.  Here we roll... January This guy's birthday...