Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Almost a Year Later Daybook

Outside my window...
It's hot.  Summer has arrived, but we're coming into a couple of cooler temp days.  Can't wait.  I dislike sweating unless I'm doing it on purpose to burn calories, and even then I don't like it that much.  ;)

Giving thanks...
for timely messages, kind words, sudden smiles, and always love.

In the Schoolroom...
We are doing morning time, which is when we try to do certain "school-ish" things.  For instance, we're memorizing Shakespeare, memorizing Matthew Ch. 5 (yes, the whole thing), studying Fra Angelico, and drawing the United States.  We don't do all these things every morning, but we work in more of a rotation of these things.  We try to always do math and reading on a daily basis.

From the kitchen...
We spent way too much money eating out in the month of May, so we're pulling back and cooking at home.  We've had some great dinners, all six of us!

I am creating...
an Atrium.  I facilitate Catechesis of the Good Shepherd, and we're trying to create an atrium this summer.  This involves making materials, buying furniture, lots of painting, cutting, pasting, blood, sweat, and tears.  It's going to be beautiful.

I don't ever want to forget...
Kaelyn being upset that I wasn't home one day when she came in cuz she wanted to tell me all about her day.  Rory in her first messy pull-through ponytail looking so grown up.  Logan so proud of himself for learning to ride his bike, and still seeing that face whenever he rides.  Marley's cheese smile, which is all you see now, cuz she always smiles like she means it.  I don't think she would even know what a fake one is.

I am working on...
trusting God.  It's a hard long process, but I'm seeing the fruits of it.  

I am reading...
Redwall by Brian Jacques as our read aloud before bed.  I started it during the school year and put it down as school books were assigned.  Marley doesn't listen in because she doesn't like the book.  The other night I saw Kevin pick it up to read ahead.  I told him to stop, and he complained that I read it without him since he didn't know what was going on.  :)

I am praying...
for special intentions, for my kids to not have any nightmares at night (their request), for my friend to experience motherhood again, for all my friends who are pregnant.

I am hearing...
a storm raging outside and quiet kids scared of it.

Around the house...
I've been getting some cleaning done.  I have a lot more to do, but I've made some progress already this summer.  My next project is tackling yard work.  Ugh

One of my favorite things...
riding bikes with everyone.  It's always a ton of fun even when we're just moseying around our back yard road.

A few plans for next week...
Carmel, a birthday bash, rest.

A picture thought...
We hiked at Harper's Ferry.  My kids are not hikers.  More to come to that story.

Thanks to my friend, Courtney, who inquired about Daybooks today making me think of doing one.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Two for Two!

  I made it back, and it wasn't that long!  Continuing on with the pic collage of 2026.  Here we roll... January This guy's birthday...