Sunday, January 26, 2020

CATS!

Before Christmas, K'lyn asked if I was busy some day in January.  I replied that I wasn't, and she invited me to see CATS (the play) with her.  Apparently her boss has season tickets to the theater and wasn't going to be able to make this show and gave the tickets to K'lyn.  I've seen CATS before, but it's a favorite, so I was stoked.
Unfortunately the play was on a school night and in Baltimore.  Ugh.  I try to avoid that death trap at all costs.  K'lyn met me at school, and we went and had dinner first.  We killed time at the eatery because the show didn't start until 8p, and we weren't sure what time the doors opened.  We arrived at the parking garage, and the attendant advised that we were to take the elevator to the bottom floor, and we would be at the theater.  Yay!  No walking outside!  
Our seats were fabulous.  They were right by the door, and the bathrooms were a short distance away. We had the end seats of the row, so I was next to a pole, and K'lyn had no one beside her.  There was a single seat between her and the others in the row.  We joked about who would be going to see a play by themselves and prepared for the show.  People were dressed in all sorts of cat gimmicks from cheetah prints to those cat ear headbands.  It was crazy.


The theater went dark and the show started.  I don't know if you've ever seen CATS, but the stage is a junkyard.  The stage is completely dark and then cat eyes start to appear in the dark.  While this was happening, the side door opened and in walked the silhouette of a person.  I thought to myself that it was the single person that was going to sit next to K'lyn.  Then I noticed that he was dressed completely as a cat.  All of the sudden, he busts into a pose (think a surfer on a surf board).  The theater was completely quiet, and I turned and hit K'lyn on her shoulder and screamed, "THERE'S A CAT NEXT TO ME!"  It was one of the actors from the stage.  We were in row Z.  I was not expecting them to come offstage that far.  By the time I yelled at K'lyn, the cat was moving down the aisle and then went back out the door.
When we got to intermission, K'lyn said her favorite part so far was before the show started when I screamed that there was a cat next to me.  Apparently I continued screaming saying that I thought it was the single person next to her.  Then I saw he was a cat and thought, "that's why you're coming to the show by yourself."  All of this at the top of my lungs and in a high pitch voice that tends to happen when I get excited.  I hope I didn't bother everyone around me too much!
It was a great time, and we got home really late.  It was nice seeing it with K'lyn again.  I took her when she was younger, probably too young to appreciate the show, but I think she liked it this time.  I had a wonderful time.  Thanks, K'lyn!
We get clothes from a good friend whose kids are the same sizes as Rory and Marz.  Marz got this shirt and since I had just been to Cats, she modeled it for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two for Two!

  I made it back, and it wasn't that long!  Continuing on with the pic collage of 2026.  Here we roll... January This guy's birthday...