Marley got a Doodlecrate subscription for Christmas. She loves these things! This was a cork board she painted and designed. She did all the little pins for it too. She's packing it away for her new room at the new house.
This was another Hello Fresh meal. This one was SO GOOD. The sauce was great, and I can make it AIP. YUM!
Since I'm on a roll with this Hello Fresh advertisement, this is another one we made. Rory actually cooked this one. I helped a little. She's the only one who ate it all together like this though.
Let's just get all cooking things out of the way. This is my first attempt at Nomato sauce. Since you don't eat tomatoes (they're a nightshade) on AIP, this sauce fills in. It's made with beets (color) and carrots. It was really good!
Rory was trying to be AIP, so I was scrambling for things for her to eat because she didn't like a lot of what I ate for snacks on AIP. I found a banana bread recipe, had enough ripe bananas, and made it one night feeling like a rockstar. When I took it out of the oven, I realized I had forgot to put the flour in. What a rookie mistake?!!? Even more, now I had no snack food for Rory at school! Kevin and I ran out to three different grocery stores looking for ripe bananas to make it again that evening. We were unsuccessful. The next evening, we went out to more stores farther out. We found some that were looking to ripen soon that I was going to put in a bag to quicken the process. We had to go to Costco for some things and ran into some friends. We ended up talking to them in the middle of Costo on our "quick banana run" for at least a half hour. It was great to see them! Anyway, we checked out Costo's bananas, and Kevin like a particular batch that I was't sure about. Yesterday I woke up and baked all the banana bread. Rory decided to just go back to gluten and dairy free instead of AIP, so I made her banana muffins. Then I made Kevin, Logan, and Marley's Bread, and finally the AIP banana bread for myself that started this whole mess. I used all the Costco bananas and still have some leftover from the other batches we bought. That's a lot of bananas!
In our diocese, youth are usually confirmed in their sophomore year of high school. I was confirmed in the 8th grade, K'lyn was confirmed in the 10th, and Rory was confirmed in the 7th. I think each kid is different, and I wanted Logan to be confirmed in his 8th grade year. This is after Logan asked Rory to be his confirmation sponsor. Isn't that so sweet?! Rory was honored. It's coming up quick, so pray for them please!
While we're on the subject of Logan, he had his annual eye exam. He failed. While he doesn't need glasses all the time, he needs them for distance more often than not. His one eye isn't as bad as the other, so they're working together to where he doesn't need them for the most part, but the doc said, "If he was driving, he would need glasses all the time." He thinks Logan is one to two steps away from full time glass wear. And to think, this is the boy that felt left out cuz he was the only one in the family without glasses. During his eye exam, the doc told him to follow the light and cross his eyes. Logan did it fine. The doc took the light away and told him to cross his eyes again, and this happened. He only crosses his left eye. His right eye just stares at you, daring you to make a move. :) He wanted to know what that looked like, so I took a pic for him AND ALL OF YOU. The doc said some people actually try to do that to their eyes (only cross one), but he just has it naturally. Lucky guy! (???)
After many failed attempts, and even coming back the next day, we finally settled on these. He got to pick the color and frames and everything like his sisters, so this is just the shape of the glasses. He chose a black/gray slate design with maroon ear handles or whatever those things are called. He only needs them for distance, so hopefully, these will get used more than the others. I think that's why his eyes got worse.
Well, I think that's it. You're all caught up. See you later!









No comments:
Post a Comment