Sunday, February 2, 2020

So, how's moving going?

Fantastic!  NOT!  Remember that one time when Kevin and I moved nine times in three years?  Kevin says we didn't have as much stuff, which is true, but man, this is PAINFUL.  One of the most painful parts is trying to teach the kids how to pack.  They don't organize anything in the box.  They just throw it all in, trash and everything.  
Quotes are starting to come in for work, and I think we're going to spend more moving than we will get from selling the house.  It's that ridiculous.  We got the trees done, and that looks considerably better.  


This guy just started climbing trees.  The kids and I watched him almost the whole time.  The neighbors were upset that one of our branches was over their roof because it has those little helicopters every spring.  They clog up their gutters, so we made sure that branch was taken care of.  Oh, and almost every single one of them smoked.  Apparently they left our gate open and a couple days later, Relic got out.  A neighbor brought him back.  He had just had a bath too, so he didn't even have a collar on.  She just knows us.  Thank goodness!



Next up was trying to remove the little wallpaper border around the top of the bathroom.  It didn't go so well with the "do it yourself" helpful hints online, so we ended up renting the steamer from the hardware store.  I painstakingly burnt myself time and time again with the steam or the water.  First I would take off the outer layer, and then steam the paper underneath which would come right off.  On the last wall over the tub, Kevin had to do it because I couldn't reach.  He had it done in five minutes.  I should've just had him do the whole bathroom!  I was in a bad mood that day, so he didn't think I'd be too receptive to him saying that he could just do it and probably faster.  Lesson learned.  We'll be repainting and replacing the bathroom floor, vanity, and lighting.  I'll show you an after picture if we ever get it done.  
Then we had to choose carpet for the downstairs and master bedroom.  We went with creek bend because it's gray and tan, so the new buyer can use cool or warm tones and it'll match.  :)
While packing up the living room knick knacks, I found this frame that a student gifted me for Christmas two years ago.  I had our Christmas photo from this year on hand, and voila!  It's so cute!  I packed it up.

And then because Kevin said we couldn't work the kids like dogs and we had to let them play, Relic and I did some playing.  When he was trained as a puppy, we taught him how to ring a bell.  Well, it seems he still remembers!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two for Two!

  I made it back, and it wasn't that long!  Continuing on with the pic collage of 2026.  Here we roll... January This guy's birthday...