Monday, March 16, 2009

Happy Birthday Dita!!!

This is my sister, Dita. It's her birthday today. Dita is eight years older than me, so she was on her way out of the house by the time I knew what that meant. In tribute to her birthday, I thought I would tell you some maybe unknown facts about my sister.

1. She single handily planned, produced, and directed my whole wedding.


2. She has diabetes and manages one of the most stressful lives I've ever known even when sick.


3. We're a lot alike.


4. She's been there for me whenever I've asked for help, and even when I didn't.


5. She's fiercely loyal and loving.

Thank you, Dita, for always being there for me and being a great big sister. Here's to a lot more years. I love you! Happy Birthday!


4 comments:

  1. Wow! That's very touching. I can't wait to hear all the warm and fuzzy things you say about me on my birthday - I'm even giving you a month to start thinking ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still don't know how to do this but I'll try - again. Just wanted to report that Daddy and I called Dita yesterday morning and sang Happy Birthday to her - and she didn't hang up on us - although it wasn't pretty. She called me back and asked why I didn't tell her what I always tell you-all - how much better I feel today than I did the day you were born - so I told her. I would have remembered to call her back and say it - really!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Nora - That was really sweet.

    I love you and your family very very much!

    Dita

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Dita, May you have many more. Jerry and Renee

    ReplyDelete

Two for Two!

  I made it back, and it wasn't that long!  Continuing on with the pic collage of 2026.  Here we roll... January This guy's birthday...