Thursday, June 4, 2009

Hair Today...Gone Today

Sooooooo...the question on everyone's mind is..."What's Obama going to do next?" HAHAHA! I should say, for this audience, "What isn't Obama going to do next?" Well, I did the deed. I got my hair cut. I was super nervous, but the girl (and she was a girl) was really nice and seemed to know what she was doing. For instance, I told her I had already showered that morning, but she wanted to wash my hair again. When she put the conditioner in she massaged my head. That's right, I got a massage...while shampooing...Where is this place you ask? Frederick, MD. It was awkward for me. I didn't know if I was supposed to say thank you after it or what. I said nothing.

We talked styles, and she mentioned that her friend's hair is similar to mine as far as curls and volume and that she always wears it up because she doesn't know what to do with it. Jillian (that's my hairdresser) just cut her hair and showed me her picture. It looked good, so I had some idea of what I was in for. We talked about silly things...the kids, music, Notorious B.I.G. She had just watched his biography on something. Point being...she was a cool chick. By the time all was said and done, she said I would be able to towel dry my hair and put some product in it and be done. So she completely wet my head, showed me how to put the product in, and sent me on my way. She offered to dry it for me, but she wanted me to see what it would look like "au natural" since that's how I would be wearing it everyday. She was really excited about it. I was...too. I've never had a hair cut (that I liked) that showcased my curls. She said the last thing she would ever do was straighten it. Well then. Without further ado, this is how I walked out of my house this morning.
When I woke Logan up, he said, "Wow Mommy. Your hair is beautiful. It's messy, but it's beautiful." Kevin said I looked like I needed a Rasta hat on. This is my hair "au natural" before the cut. Most of you don't see this because...let's be honest...who would want to? This is how it was when I arrived home from the salon.

To be honest, I wasn't really sure what to think about it. I told Jillian it would take some getting used to. I had to live with it a little. So I spent some time letting it soak in. UNTIL....I remembered I had ears!

And then it got a little easier to stomach. Every time I see myself in a mirror, I think I look a lot older and that I look like a mom. Kevin says, "You are a mom." He doesn't get it. Here's a rundown on reactions.

Kevin - "I like it. I didn't think you would go that short."
Renee - "I like it, but I've always liked your hair, Nora."
Rory - "Wow Mommy! You look just like me. But you need to not have the curls anymore."
Logan - "Wow Mommy!"
Marley - " "
Kaelyn - I like it. I didn't think you would go that short." Kaelyn had been in the car with Kevin, so I don't know if he coached her on this answer or not. She said exactly what he did though...no lie.

So there you have it. I can't pull it back. I sweat more when working out for some reason. I look old, and I look like a mom. I asked Kevin how much he thought it was. He said, "Well, including tip..." And I said, "OH MY GOSH!!! I FORGOT TO TIP HER!!!" I immediately called her and apologized and asked if I could mail it to her. She said not to waste a stamp and if I choose to come back, that would be cool. I feel so bad, but I'm rambling. This haircut with a bottle of serum for frizzing cost a total of $48. Plus she gave me three trial packets of shampoo, conditioner, and frizzy serum for free. I can't believe I didn't tip her. But $48...that's not bad. Again..this place is in Frederick, MD. I told Kaelyn already that I'm taking her to Jillian for her next haircut.

5 comments:

  1. Well now then. Seeing as to how it doesn't matter what I say (ever) I will be the first comment to say that I love it. I am not just saying that because I my your husband (read: have to) either. I like that it is shorter than you would have normally gone and I like that you took a step out of your comfort zone and did it. I don't think that you look old. I didn't say anything to Kaelyn about your hair i promise. We only talked about her taking a quiz after school. I guess I don't get the point about being a mom and not looking like a mom? i am a dad and if, by looking at me, people know that I am a dad all the better. If they have 2 seconds I will tell them all about the four wonderful kids I have and all about the time Kaelyn came out of her bedroom saying "Danger, Danger" and bouncing from one side of the hallway to the other. That will never get old and is still prolly the funniest thing I've witnessed in a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi.. my little bumble bee...buzz around... and you will find out it is not the outside beauty that matter,it is what you represent.....to me the hair is just like a frame that anyone looks at but it is what is on the frame that is admired. believe me when i tell you to me you are an angel sent from above and keep it that way have a happy day..He is with you always...daddy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it Nora. You can still put it up can't you for when you go to the gym? My last hair cut was a little shorter than I expected, but I can put it up so I am ok with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I also like it...but of course I am NOT cool as I don't know who Nortoris BIG is.... So my opinion doesn't count! I would vote with KJ even if he was wrong but he is right this time. I like the idea that you are taking a big step or change which is always kinda nice. I would compare it to when Renee moves around the furniture at home and I walk in and my lounge chair is pointed in the wrong direction and my computer is now where the dog bed was. Now I know you don't want to be compared with a furniture move but if you think of the furniture move as kind of like something "different" then maybe different is good once in a while.

    Seriously Nora, I like your hair "do". And I looked up that B.I.G. fellow so now I must be cool and everything cause I happen to know his real name is really Christopher Lloyd Latore Wallace! I am now like totally, "Rapped"?

    Papa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok - I know the other post had my name on it but Daddy pecked it out with one finger!!! You should take that as a compliment - he did it himself. Just a sign of how much he loves you. The fist thing out of my mouth when I saw your picture over his shoulder was, Wow! She looks younger. So, I don't get where KJ and Kaelyn are getting the older bit. I think your hair back in a bun makes you look older. Doesn't it feel better now? Are you light headed?

    When I get my hair cut I walk taller because I feel like God has a string on the nape of my neck and is holding me upright and I'm gliding through the day. I know - might not make sense to others but it does to me.

    Looks like its easy to take care of - you should go back every 2 months and keep it this way. Also, if you've found someone you really like you should make your appointments with her. You can tip her double the next time.

    ReplyDelete

Two for Two!

  I made it back, and it wasn't that long!  Continuing on with the pic collage of 2026.  Here we roll... January This guy's birthday...