And this...
This...
Kevin said it didn't make a sound. We're guessing it was the wind. Good thing we had to get one of those electric saws a while back to cut the limb that was over the church roof next door. This, unfortunately, was not the other limb that we still have to take care of that's hanging over the roof of the church. Sorry...I have a thing for prepositions. Kevin went outside to further investigate with pictures.
This is the view from the walkway to the deck.
Close-up...
This is from the backyard looking up. It looks much bigger from this angle. It broke the trellis surrounding the grill. That stinks, but it will fit in nicely with our half finished projects decor. :) I'm glad that no one was hurt. It was never something I worried about...those trees coming down on the house because both of them are angled away from the house. I guess I get to add a new fear to my list. Yay! Not!
The funnier part to this story was that Kaelyn, Logan, Marley, and I were all right by the back door when it happened. Logan was standing right next to the window. I was holding Marley, again right near the window and Kaelyn was in the kitchen by the counter. Logan, Marley, and I all watched it fall from the tree and Kaelyn said she saw it out of the corner of her eye land on the deck. I turned to Logan and said "How awesome was that!" Marley, I am sure, just thought it was part of life. It took me back to when I lived in Hawaii and woke up to a limb of our tree missing the house by about 2 inches. It was really cool to witness a tree falling like that and MISSING the house. LIke Nora said I am glad that none of us were hurt by it in either instance. I do get to add to the pile that is our backyard now though so that will be fun.
ReplyDeleteYou were really lucky! It could have been much worse. Sorry, Nora. I know I was supposed to show this to Daddy this morning but he had been up most of the night and I didn't get to pull it up on the computer. I'll show him this evening if I can get to it. He had to put in a different address for his magic jack and I can't get anything I send him to come up. I think the new address must have wiped out the old one but he still gets junk mail on the old one. So, I don't know. Anyway, I'm glad you-all are ok!
ReplyDeleteThe saw is in the back of my car. It was tuned up and sharpened after we cut the tree over here. Brian used it a bit on some logs for the smoker but it should be ready to rock.
ReplyDeleteTrees are a lot bigger and stronger than most people think. They are amazing things. And together now..."Only God Can Make a Tree!". Well He/She has a hand in making a lot of them fall also. So we will thank Him/Her for the excitement and for making sure that all are safe and sound. I will bring up the saw later today.
.
Actually I figure Nora had been sawing a bit on it each day so that it would fall and she would have a great blog entry. Ha ha,