Today was ok. We had very tired kids because Logan decided to wake up at 430a, and 530a, and I don't know if he even went back to sleep for that long. Marley was up at 5a. I don't know if she went back to sleep either. She's sick today, and I'm not feeling too well either. I hope we're not all going to come down with it. It was a low key day. I'm still really happy from our get together. I don't mean to go on and on about it, but when you've been friendless for as long as we've been friendless, it just means a lot to get some. Plus, it's like dating...the whole...making a friend in the adult years. It's truly a great accomplishment. Without fail, here are some pics I snapped of Saturday.

This looks familiar.


This is Jess and Jim when I pulled out the camera at dinner.

I got 'em.

Because Kevin was telling a story.

Speechless.

Fire pit

Sparklers.
They even had firecrackers. Jim was the kids' hero.
Me and my bosom friend.
Us and our bosom friends...and a Marley.

The kids were all drawn to the fire.

This little pyro is Logan's future arranged- marriage wife.

Jim made hummus, and like a good guest, I tried it. It took a while, but I did it, and it wasn't that bad. Who would've thought?
Salam
I guess i have to start watching my weight again. I look huge in the "I got em" picture." Oh well. Saturday was a really good day. The dinner was excellent as was the company. It was "odd" not being with the kids the entire time. I told Nora that I have to remember to bring something over to their house since we drank all their stuff. Jim and Jess have a really great family it's pretty funny that they have a young daughter that matches up with Logan but a young son that matches up with Marley. Logan is VERY sensitive about stuff and what you can't really make out is that he was extremely skeptical about holding that sparkler. On our walk that morning Nora, Rory, Logan, and I got out to the local super market for more supplies. Rory ended up falling down and dropping her cup in the sewer drain. It was easy enough to get but Logan started crying about it like you wouldn't believe. He was upset that Rory had lost her cup. He was almost inconsolable until he found an ant a few seconds later that grabbed his attention. I am sure that Nora and Jess have plans for us to get together again already. Shoot, they were prolly making plans the second we got there.
ReplyDelete