Monday, January 18, 2010

How NOT To Make Macaroni and Cheese

Kevin and I are eating healthy, so this means that the kids starve most nights. Tonight we were making another healthy meal, so I was nuking up some mac-n-cheese for the kids. I made two two packs. Got it? That's four total mac-n-cheese doubled up. I made the first batch fine. When it beeped, Kevin was at the stove cooking so I thought I would put the other bowl in right away and get them both done and cooled off. So...I put the other bowl in.

After a little bit, we started to smell some smoke. The microwave beeped. I opened it up and all this smoke came rolling out. I FORGOT TO PUT THE WATER IN THE MAC-N-CHEESE! All the windows and doors were opened while I put the bowl of burnt macaroni on the deck. Surprisingly, the smoke alarms didn't go off. Maybe that should say ALARMINGLY. Here are some pics for your continued amusement of me.

Special thanks goes out to my photographer husband, who thinks quick and gets the camera to make sure the most embarrassing moments of my life are captured. :)

3 comments:

  1. Least we forget about ALL the embarrassing moments I've been subjected to in this blog? :p A couple of the funnier things about this is that the smell is still there, the bowl is still outside, and picture of the kitchen was taken about 5 minutes after we had the windows and doors open!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I thought Kevin was exaggerating when he called with all the hilarious details last night! Umm, I mean...he didn't do that... And he definitely wasn't laughing as he told the story to Jess' dad!!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another reason to not like Mac and Cheese. Thank goodness it burned enough to let you know something was wrong or you would have needed to convince the kids that mac and cheese crunchy was the latest rage.

    ReplyDelete

Two for Two!

  I made it back, and it wasn't that long!  Continuing on with the pic collage of 2026.  Here we roll... January This guy's birthday...