I went to the gym today at 330p. When I got home, Kaelyn wanted to go to Jared's, so I took her because Kevin needed to eat. He was leaving soon to go to a friend's house and help them with their computer problems. When I got home from taking Kaelyn, I came inside and started to make my dinner. Kevin got ready to go and left about 10-15 minutes after I walked in the door. He went to leave and said, "Why did you park across the street?" I didn't answer thinking he was busting my chops for not being fully in the gravel or something silly like that. (cuz it's such a far stretch to think that Kevin would be joking with me about something) He said is again, "Nora! Why did you park across the street?" I came to the door and the car was across the street in our neighbor's driveway/yard.
I thought for a split second that Kevin had moved it there to joke with me again! Can you tell he jokes with me too much? Anyway, he said he didn't move it. He went across the street while I screamed that I put the parking brake on. He drove the car over in front of the house and said he did so with the parking brake on as I had it. Apparently, I hadn't pulled up on it enough. can you imagine?! I have to pull over to the right side of the road and circle to my left into the gravel in front of our house. I left the wheel turned and the car just rolled back, across the street, and into our neighbor's drive/yard. I keep saying that because it was half and half.
I can't believe no one told us. I can't believe no one saw it. I can't believe there wasn't an accident from someone coming up and down the road and crashing into it. I can't believe it didn't roll into the pole, or fence, or down the hill, or the thousand of other places that could've caused damage and money.
Someone's watching over us, and all I can say to that is, "It's about time." :) TOTALLY JOKING! Thank you, God, for taking care of us and our car this evening. We really appreciate it!
Thursday, June 23, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Two for Two!
I made it back, and it wasn't that long! Continuing on with the pic collage of 2026. Here we roll... January This guy's birthday...
-
Awhile ago, I came across a blog about The Birthday Project . When you click on that link, you have to scroll up. Anyway, my birthday was ...
-
I don't know what day it is let alone what day quarantine it is. Just kidding. I know it's Monday the 30th. I've been able to...
-
Sooooooo...the question on everyone's mind is..."What's Obama going to do next?" HAHAHA! I should say, for this audience...
No. I didn't move the car and then joke with Nora about it. I walked to the door and asked her why she parked across the street. I didn't have time to go out to the car, move it, come back inside, and then call her over. Plus, that's just mean. I do joke with Nora a lot and I guess I had better stop huh? She makes it seem like the only thing I do is joke with her. And you wonder where Marley gets it? pshhh.
ReplyDeleteThat's crazy! I'm glad your car is fine and no one was hurt.
ReplyDelete