Sunday, September 16, 2012

Cooking Class - Greece

We had our second homeschool cooking class this past week.  Unfortunately, Rory got her cooking class privilege taken away.  Marley and Logan still got to participate.  They love cooking and often fight over who gets to cook with daddy because, yes, Kevin does the majority of the cooking around here.  They made yogurt with honey and pistachios or walnuts, pita chips, and cucumber salad.  Rory and Marley liked the cucumber salad.  It had grape tomatoes and onions in it.  They made their own yogurt (kind of...the chef did it before hand since it took overnight).  I thought Logan would love the yogurt, but he didn't like it with the honey.  Even Rory liked the yogurt, and she normally doesn't.  There was some Feta cheese there that Marley and Rory ate up too.  

When we went to leave, I couldn't find my keys.  I prayed the whole way to the car, only to find it locked with my keys sitting on the driver's seat.  I had to call Kevin.  He drove a half hour to open the door for me with the other key.  My friend, one of the other mom's, mentioned that at least it was a nice day and not raining.  True.  We sat on the stairs of a courthouse and waited for Kevin.  He let us in and we were on our way home.  

The kids and I are really enjoying these cooking classes.  We'll be making the pita chips for sure.  The kids loved him!

1 comment:

  1. Cooking class looks like a lot of fun. Going to get them wasn't though. I hate that Nora and the kids had to sit out but, like she said, it wasn't a bad day for it. It was fun going because the Mazda has a slow leak and needs air about once a week. Of course it decided to act up that day. Most of the time I need to get quarters from the house for it but this day I found two in the car and had two dimes and nickel. Another guy had the same problem I guess and got to the air hose just as I pulled up. He started filling tires and then handed me the hose. As there was still some time left I got to fill the tire without needing to put any money in. That was really nice. I thanked him and took off for Nora. I was on the phone a majority of the time with work but it was fine over all.

    ReplyDelete

The Last Melon

  Guess what?!  The last and youngest has turned 18!  It's hard to believe.  Almost as hard as it is that she'll be leaving for coll...