Tuesday, September 18, 2012

School Daze

Yes, we are still getting some school done.  Crazy!  I really like the science curriculum we have.  The kids like it too.  One of the assignments was to refrigerate a chocolate bar and take it outside on a sunny day with a microscope.  We were learning why it's not good to look directly at the sun.  We have never done the microscope in the sun stuff.  It was pretty cool.  We were having such a good time, we called daddy out to play too.
Kevin grabbed a leaf instead.  It was awesome how the chocolate held it's shape.  You could smell the burning chocolate and see the smoke.  When Rory touched it, it completely melted.  And yes, those are Kevin's pajama pants that he was still in that afternoon.  :)
What our table regularly looks like these days.
We made igloos a couple of weeks ago.  Since I'm not an architect, I did not know how to handle the arched roof.  Then we didn't have enough sugar cubes, so I grabbed marshmallows.  Not great, but oh well.
Yeah, pathetic.  Again...why I'm not an architect.


 

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I work from home most of the time. I love "sleep pants" and am usually in them until around 3pm when I get off work. Working from home is great. The kids get to come down and tell me about all the stuff they are doing and show me projects.

    I can remember my Mother taking and hiding all the magnifying glasses we had around the house so we didn't burn things. Now, as we saw in other blogs, I have a fire pit to use. Muhahahahahha ...

    This was another one of those great days where the kids were excited about something. I got to play along with them. Next time i'll have to check my attire though and ensure it's "Kid tested, Mother approved."

    Points to the first person who can tell me where that's from.....

    ReplyDelete

Two for Two!

  I made it back, and it wasn't that long!  Continuing on with the pic collage of 2026.  Here we roll... January This guy's birthday...