Thursday, September 20, 2012

Shrinky Dinks

Do you remember these things?  My sister and I used to do them ALL THE TIME.  We did them before there was a special Shrinky Dink oven and everything.  Old school.  I have only fond memories, so when I saw them in the store, I snatched them up for a Marley birthday gift.  One morning instead of "school" we did Shrinky Dinks, which by the way, I totally count as "school."  

It was so cool we had to call daddy up from downstairs to see too.  (SIDENOTE: notice sleep pants again)
I don't know if you can see them in there through Marley's hair, but they're shrinking!  It was a lot of fun and reminded me of my childhood.  I've wanted to get this Shrinky Dink Christmas tree every year but can never bring myself to spend the money on it.  I can't believe some people buy the Shrinky Dink oven.  Anything to make some money, huh?

 

1 comment:

  1. Those things are the BOMB. I loved Shrinky Dinks as well when I was a kid. B and I used to do them all the time as well. We did the GI Joe and Transformer ones, before GM took over Transformers. I remember the little stands that used to come with them and how fun it was to play. I might get behind the idea of a Shrinky Dink Oven though. Say you only want to make one and Mom and Dad don't want to have to start up the oven for just one? Wow, there you have your very own oven and wouldn't need them to fire up the biggie.

    ReplyDelete

Two for Two!

  I made it back, and it wasn't that long!  Continuing on with the pic collage of 2026.  Here we roll... January This guy's birthday...